ALH|PODLAND Realty Property Management will no longer be liable for plumbing charges associated with clogged up toilets and/or clogged sewer/septic lines that are found to be due to tenant violation of this plumbing policy. If there is anything found in the sewer lines or the toilet other than toilet paper, such as baby wipes, personal wipes, Q-tips, diapers, etc. while the plumber is unclogging it, you will be charged the plumber's fee plus a 15% processing fee for their visit. Please refer to the list below of the most common things that should NOT be flushed down a toilet.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the office at (404)937-2827, ext 5
- Band-Aids – Made out of non-biodegradable plastic. Toss them in the trash.
- Cotton Balls & Q-Tips – They gather together, eventually clogging pipes.
- Food – Compost or trash it. Food can clump together and cause clogs.
- Facial Cleaning Pads – Thicker than toilet paper and thus can cause problems.
- Dental Floss – NOT biodegradable
- Hair – Clogs pipes in no time.
- Dirt – Dump it outside, not in the toilet.
- Dryer Sheets – Made out of synthetic materials, not biodegradable.
- Prescription Medicines – Destroys bacteria and contaminates groundwater. Bring meds back to pharmacies for disposal.
- Grease & Fat – Congeals once it cools down, filling pipes with a solid mass that blocks pipes.
- Pesticides – Destroys the good bacteria used to break down waste at treatment
- Cat Litter
- Tampons and Pads –These items are too thick for toilet pipes.
- Cigarette Butts – Full of toxic chemicals that can pollute waterways.
- Chewing Gum – Can literally gum up the works.
- Nail Polish & Remover – Toxic.
- Dead Pet Goldfish – Not necessarily bad, but can cause problems with clogging or could introduce disease into septic system.
- Paper Towels – Cloggs Sewer Lines. Do not break down like toilet paper; Too thick for plumbing pipes.
- Baby Wipes – Clogs Sewer Lines
- Personal Cleaning Wipes - Clogs Sewer Lines
- Wet-Ones - Clogs Sewer Lines
- Disposable diapers – Made of plastic and will clog up the toilet in no time